Friday, 22 January 2010

Delivered Alice in Wonderland illustrations!!


My apologise for being sooo quiet lately... that's the last 4 months - been underground... literary - with Alice
I delivered the Alice in Wonderland illustrations this past Monday... 52 black & white illustrations and 28 colour illustrations - mostly spreads, Slept a bit and now I'm slowly but surely creeping up to the surface.
Will do some proper posting in the next few day - but in the meantime here is a peep


final Artwork

Rough Illustration

Final Artwork


Rough Illustration

Final artwork


rough Illustration




Final Artwork

Rough illustration


Final Artwork

Rough illustration

Final Artwork

Rough Illustration

Final Artwork

Rough Illustration

8 comments:

Sherry Rogers said...

They are really quit wonderful! Just perfect!

Val Myburgh said...

These are stunning Marjorie! You are an inspiration.
Congratulations!!

Wendy Martin said...

These are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marjorie,
I tried to email your schedule for Bologna, but the mail bounced back. Please get in touch.

Best,
Tioka
SCBWI

Ann Pilicer said...

Your illustrations are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your process.

Anonymous said...

Marjorie your illustrations are delightful!! I get lost in them...I feel like I become part of the picture...absolutely amazing!! So lovely to see great talent!!

Hayley Dawn

Im!le said...

LOVE THEM!!! lOVE THE BOOK!!!! IT'S THE BEST ALICE-BOOK I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE!!!!!!

Marjorie van Heerden said...

Dear Colleages

Thanks for your complimentary comments - as illustrator working in isolation so often - somehing you, I'm sure knows about, - it means a lot to get compliments like these from other illustrators

Dankie!
Marjorie